5 Apps No Boat Captain Should Even Try to Live Without
Boat captains use technology to improve boat safety, improve the overall boating experience for their clientele and here are five apps for boat rentals that no boat captain should even try to live without! Yep, there are apps for boat rentals for that!
Attention Boat Captains: Download these apps for boat rentals that are ah-mazing!Navionics - Navionics has a suite of apps for boat rentals downloadable for iPhone or Android devices, that:
- Provide electronic charts to help you navigate local waterways,
- Assist with dock to dock auto-routing so you can plan out your boat rental route, especially including tips for passing through narrow passages and channels.
- You can even calculate estimated fuel usage, locate nearby restaurants and more!
- Dolphin & Whale 911 - the app that lets you alert officials if you spot a dolphin, whale, seal or manatee in distress.
- CrowdMag - the app that lets you volunteer to be a part of scientific research by tracking magnetic fields and submitting data to scientists at NOAA.
- Fish Rules - the app that helps you review the fishing regulations and rules for US waters from Maine to Texas plus the Bahamas, internationally.
- Marine Debris Tracker - the app that helps you make a difference in keeping our waterways clean! Check in when you find trash piling up while out on your boat rentals.
- Use the app to log a snapshot of the boat including weather conditions, fuel levels, trip details, to do lists and much more!
- Check out the trip log to record boating destinations, create provisioning lists, and invite friends to set sail!
- Split the costs of the boating fun easily with this cool app.
- Join the Boatsetter captain network (free, quick, easy).
- Connect with our team to verify your certification.
- Set up a great profile outlining your boat captain experience and areas of specialty.
- Connect with boat owners looking for experienced captains just like you.