6 Of The Best Boating Excursions in Jacksonville, Florida
There are plenty of things to do in the city, but if you prefer to spend your time on the water, these boating excursions will definitely be your cup of tea. Get your boat rental booked with Boatsetter because this itinerary will have you ready to cruise the Jacksonville waterways!
6 Best Boating Excursions in Jacksonville
- Cheer on the home team: Jaguar fans in Jacksonville like to head to the City Marina for a tailgating experience like no other. Dress in your finest Jaguar gear and join the party!
- Bask in history: Sail to the St Augustine Municipal Marina and get a taste of history. The old city is best explored by foot, so drop anchor and take a tour. Keep on the lookout for sea turtles though, they’ve been known to frequent the old city too.
- Enjoy the outdoors: Sail your vessel over to Fort George Island for a day of outdoor fun. You can ride your bike, go hunting, look for birds, and even catch a few fish. Remember to get your fishing license before you set sail.
- Grab a burger: Set sail to Palatka City Marina where you can take a short walk to the oldest diner in Florida: Angel’s. The burgers from Angel’s Diner are highly rated and the service is also highly praised. Plus, you’ll love the kitschy, classic decor.
- Get Georgia on your mind: If you are interested in taking a bit of an extended trip, sail out to Jekyll Island State Park in Georgia. The Island is located at just about the halfway point between Jacksonville and Savannah. In the past, it was a playground for the super rich, but now it is accessible to everyone. You will find plenty to do on the island from hiking to Segway tours.
- Cruise the river: Sail down the St John’s River all the way to Lake George, and it will be like heading into the past. Study up on your boating etiquette before making the trip because you will encounter many people that have made the river their home. Along the way, you will get stunning views of cypress trees and water wildlife.