Our Favorite Fish Tacos Recipe For Thanksgiving
Chartering a boat is all about the fish you catch. With endless fish, there are so many different methods of how to cook them up, but everybody knows that nothing beats a quality fish taco. Whether you are grilling at home or on the back of boat, nothing beats that tangy flavor and hint of lime you get with a couple of fish tacos and few cold beverages to wash them down. Check out our favorite recipe. It’s light and fresh with zesty avocado salsa and grilled fish in a warm tortilla make this a healthier substitute than the usual fried restaurant style (and easier to make!). And of course you can always substitute some of your own favorite ingredients in here. The following recipe is for four servings, so you may need to do a little math if you're expecting the whole family to show up:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 limes, quartered
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin (be very careful, cumin overpowers easily)
- 1.5 pounds fish of your choice (whatever you catch!)
- 1 Avocado chopped
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced (or serrano, or habanero depending on spice tolerance)
- 2 tablespoons (or more) chopped cilantro
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas (can use flour)
- 8 shredded lettuce leaves
- Preheat grill to medium
- Combine olive oil, juice of 3 limes, 4 garlic cloves, and 1 teaspoon cumin in a shallow long bowl or small pan.
- Add fish to this marinade and let it soak up the flavors for 15 minutes at room temperature, turning once after 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate small mixing bowl stir together the remaining juice of 1 lime, 1 garlic clove, and 1 teaspoon cumin; lightly toss in avocado, onion, jalapenos and cilantro.
- Place marinated fish on hot grill and cook for approximately 5 minutes, turn and grill 5 more minutes until opaque throughout. Timing will depend on fish, and if you want to sear or not.
- Place cooked fish on cutting board, let it cool slightly and cut into thin strips.
- While grill is still hot, place flour tortillas on it and grill for about 30 seconds each side.
- Place 2 tortillas on each plate. Put in shredded, fill with a portion of grilled fish, and top with avocado salsa.