Luxury Yacht Charters More Accessible Than Ever
The sharing economy has become increasingly popular in industries such as transportation, travel lodging, and even luxury yachts. This unique partnership between yacht owners and renters allows many more people to enjoy luxury yachts, water sports, and interesting locations than ever before. With benefits for all involved, peer-to-peer is a concept worthy of a fresh look. The concept of peer-to-peer luxury yacht rentals is simple. The yacht owner lists his or her yacht with the option to rent it for the day, weekend, or longer when they are not using it. This allows a qualified consumer to use the yacht for sightseeing, water sports, or to travel to destinations they might not normally get to visit. Reasons to rent a luxury yacht:
- Enjoy the yachting lifestyle without making a major commitment
- Less time, expense, and maintenance than owning a yacht
- Experience different yachts before making a purchase
- Those that are unfamiliar with boating can try it out to see if it’s right for them and their family
- A business meeting, wedding, or other special event when you want to make a unique impression
- The renter is able to try out different styles of luxury yachts as well as go to locations they might not be able to afford if they had all of the expenses of boat ownership, which includes storage and slip fees, insurance, and yearly maintenance.
- The yacht owner receives compensation for the use of the boat, providing income to pay expenses, fees, and upkeep on the yacht, which must be paid even when the yacht is not being used.
- The yacht receives the benefit of being used and cared for rather than sitting in a slip depreciating in value and deteriorating from lack of use.