South Florida Waterfront Dining: 5 Reasons to Start Planning Your Weekend Now!
South Floridians have so many options when considering a great place to dine with a waterfront view. Whether you arrive on your own boat, a chartered boat, or even by car you’re sure to find a place for relaxing and socializing at top South Florida waterfront dining spots. Following is a list of a few favorites that you may or may not have frequented. Whether it’s a cold Corona to wash down some Old Bay Shrimp or upscale dining that includes seared Ahi Tuna paired with a nice glass of Sauvignon Blanc, South Florida’s waterfront dining scene has it covered. Check it out and we recommend whichever culinary destination you choose, go by boat. It’s the only way to travel. Top South Florida Waterfront Dining Spots
- Sailfish Resort – Located in West Palm Beach, just a short boat ride from the popular Peanut Island Sandbar is Sailfish Marina & Resort whose restaurant is a true slice of Florida. Whenever possible the fish is bought from local fisherman and cooked fresh and favorites include: stone crabs when in season, Florida lobster and blackened Mahi. It’s good fish served with a view.
- Alabama Jack’s – Deep in the heart of the Florida Keys, you’ll find the infamous Alabama Jack’s. A bit of advice if this is your destination, bring your boat, bring your appetite and bring you sense of humor! Located in Key Largo since 1947, Alabama Jack’s is a festive and laid back stop for boaters.
- Rusty Pelican – Miami’s skyline is the backdrop for seared scallops topped with mango salsa at Biscayne Bay’s Rusty Pelican. The view of the Magic City comes alive at this spot frequented by celebrities, tourists and locals alike. Situated right on the Rickenbacker Marina, it’s the ultimate in Miami chic.
- Pelican’s Landing - Attention sunset lovers…we found a spot for you! Tucked away near the docks across from the Hyatt at Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale, this is a true local spot. Casual atmosphere and South Florida flavors are in order and on weekends steel drums often seal the deal on a relaxing good time.
- Seaspice Miami – Located on the banks of the Miami River, Seaspice is waterfront upscale dining with the beautiful backdrop of Miami’s Skyline. The décor is simple elegance with nautical touches and a menu that’s unique and sophisticated…this is the spot where locals in Miami step out to see and be seen.