13 Fun Water Activities to Do this Summer
“The sea, once its casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” Jacques Cousteau once mused.
Summer is here and it’s time to start turning daydreams into plans. Create some lifelong memories this summer with your family and friends out on the water. Nothing beats the experience of boating, whether you fancy fishing, snorkeling or just sunset cruising. And, the great news is now ownership and experience are not required.
Even if you don’t own a boat, it’s easier than ever to rent a boat and take part in the boating lifestyle. Not sure you can, or want, to handle the helm of a boat? We’ve got you covered. Certified captains are available for hire. All you have to do is show up.
On-water summer time activities
- Learn to water ski or wakeboard.
- Teach the kids to fish.
- Watch the sunset or fireworks by way of the water.
- Spend the weekend on board a boat where you’ll relax to coastal breezes and be rocked to sleep each night.
- Hold your company picnic on board a day cruiser or fully equipped catamaran.
- Go to dinner, brunch or lunch by boat.
- Take an airboat tour of the Florida Everglades.
- Become certified in SCUBA diving.
- Snorkel in new locations where you can discover the beautiful world below the waterline.
- Cruise through the canals and waterways of Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
- Teach the kids about conservation and the natural environment.
- Host a dinner party for family, friends or co-workers aboard a luxury yacht.
- Plan a romantic sunset cruise for an engagement, anniversary or other special event.
Boating is more than just a hobby; it’s a passion. Through the ages, boaters have found solace and a feeling of freedom on the world’s open waterways. You along with your friends and family now can be a part of this world…seeing things that are only seen from the vantage point of a boat and accessing places that are reachable only from the water.
The world really does look different from the bow of a boat. Jacques Cousteau and countless others fell under the spell of the sea and so can you – even if you don’t own a boat or know how to operate one! Learn more about private boat rentals at boatsetter.com.